As we at SciBite slow down to spend some quality time with our families over the Christmas break, I wanted to share some of the 2016 highlights with you as our customers, partners, colleagues, friends and anyone else who might be interested!
2016 was a year of expansion:
- Customers at the heart. More than doubling our customer base… thanks to all of you!
- Doing more. Diversifying our project delivery from bioinformatics, computational biology, data integration and enterprise search to the likes of pharmacovigilance, human clinical genetics and knowledge management.
- To infinity and beyond! Reaching new customer segments beyond Pharma and Biotechnology into other science based markets such as Consumer Packaged Goods, Agrochemicals and Biofood.
- From 4 to 15 SciBitees…. Hiring experts in artificial intelligence, large scale ontologies, bioanalytical data mining, sales & marketing and pharmaceutical development.
- Around the world. Opening offices in Tokyo, Japan and Boston, USA – SciBite has gone global!
- Partnering to succeed. Adding awesome new partner companies such as Copyright Clearance Centre, PerkinElmer Informatics, IFI and Linkurious to our existing partners such as Sinequa, BIOVIA & Cambridge Semantics Inc.
- Cool new tech. Launching DOCstore and product enhancments which included semantic autocomplete, fuzzy matching, RDF & OpenBEL support, over 90 ontologies, Inxights and many more…
- Turning up the volume. Hiring a designated marketing team, attending events at BIOIT World, Big DiP and Lii 2016, new website, branding, lots of freebies and loads of new SciBite toys for the team..!
Enough said, we thank all those who have supported us in 2016… Rest assured, there’s lots more to come next year, see you there!
Rob and the SciBite team